Stored product pests are the main concern in food production and food storage warehouses worldwide. They are exactly what they sound like, pests that live and breed in a stored products, like grains, processed food, flour, milk powder, biscuits, dried food or even tobacco.
There are many species of Stored Product Pests, the most common species that are found are Cigarette Beetle, Flour Beetle, Rice Weevil, Grain Beetle, and Indian Meal Moth. When you sighted live or dead stored product pest, frass and pupal cases in your products, then an infestation is likely happening.
- Remove crumbs and spills right away.
- Purchase food in amounts that are sufficient to be used.
- Purchase food that are tightly sealed.
- Store food stuffs in thick plastic or metal containers with tight lids.
- Always check your food product at regular interval.